Add support for other entities on the clipboard (authority records, repository records)
|Assignee:||Dan Gillean||% Done:|
|Category:||Clipboard||Estimated time:||64.00 hours|
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
This feature will cover several deliverables.
The clipboard, added in 2.3 and described in #8941, currently only supports the addition of archival descriptions. This feature will extend this functionality to authority records and repository records, which in turn will be expanded in subsequent tickets so these entities can then be exported via the user interface, from the clipboard.
To keep future options simple and to make this implementation as simple as possible, it will only be possible at this time to view one entity at a time on the clipboard (similar to how the description updates module currently works). There will be an entity type drop-down, where users can select between archival descriptions, authority records, or repository records. The default view on first page load will be archival descriptions. Users can make a selection with the entity drop-down - the clipboard will reload to display the selected entity's clipped results.
Work covered in this ticket includes:
- Add support to authority record search/browse and view pages for clipboard addition
- Add support to repository record search/browse and view pages for clipboard addition
- Add support to clipboard page for authority records and repository records
- Add entity type drop-down to clipboard page
- Add a "select/de-select all" option at the top of each entity type's clipboard results, to allow users to quickly select/deselect all entity records on the clipboard
#9 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from Release 2.4.0 to Release 2.3.2
- Requires documentation deleted (
Initial documentation added to 2.4 in https://github.com/artefactual/atom-docs/commit/87799e4d8bb5909fe9fae43d5e894eefca393e9b
#11 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Verified to Feedback
- Assignee set to Nick Wilkinson
Regression found with other entity types on the clipboard as a public user. When you try to clear a specific entity type (e.g. authority records), the confirmation page does not show any records, though clipboard results will be removed if you proceed. This is the case for both authority records and repository records. It does not occur if you are logged in - but actors and repos don't have a publication status and public users should be able to see them. To reproduce:
- Navigate to AtoM as a public user
- Add a number of authority records and repository records to the clipboard
- Navigate to the clipboard page
- Flip to view your pinned authority records
- Click "Clear authority record clipboard" button
- Repeat steps with repository records
- Repeat as a logged in user
- Clipboard entity clear confirmation page says 0 records will be removed. No records are listed on confirmation page.
- Confirmation page lists records that will be removed from the clipboard for public users, just as it does for authenticated ones.