Metadata only AIP re-ingest causes AIP size to be recorded at near-zero
|Assignee:||Sarah Romkey||% Done:|
- Reingest an AIP and choose Reingest metadata only
- Make an update to the metadata
- Store the AIP
Result: after the AIP is re-stored, in Archival Storage the size of the AIP is recorded at nearly zero (0.02 MB in my test, from an AIP that started as > 2 MB).
#1 Updated by Holly Becker almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to Code Review
- Assignee changed from Holly Becker to Nick Wilkinson
- SS branch dev/issue-10030-reingest-size
- SS PR https://github.com/artefactual/archivematica-storage-service/pull/131
This is a bug between the storage service and Archivematica. When indexing an AIP, Archivematica queries the storage service for the AIP's size, presumably to avoid this sort of bug. However, the storage service accepts the information Archivematica gives it. When storing an AIP, Archivematica calculates the size of the AIP on disk. For a metadata-only reingest, this is incorrect, and the storage service accepts and returns this erroneous information.
Bug fix has the storage service recalculate the size of the AIP when storing it, especially since we may have new preservation derivatives.