Treeview quicksearch does not support i18n culture fallback
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.1.2, 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.3|
First reported in the user forum - see for example: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ica-atom-users/iLTunA11wVs/BL2LaillBwAJ
In a site with a default culture of English:
- Create a new description with children - e.g. Foo 1, Foo 2, Foo 3
- Flip the interface to French (or another culture), and add translations to some of the children - esp. to title, e.g. Bar 1, Bar 2. Leave at least one without a translation
- Flip back to English and perform a quicksearch via the Treeview search tab for "Bar" - Foo 1, Foo 2, Foo 3 are returned (okay)
- Flip to French and perform a search for "Foo"
- Foo 3 (e.g. the one with no french translation) is returned in the french quick search results interface as "null"
- No culture fallback is in place when a title is not available in the requested culture
- Foo 3 is returned as "Foo 3" when no french title is available and the French interface is used for the search.
- Culture fallback is in place in the quicksearch results.
I haven't tested yet in 2.3 but AFAIK we haven't done any work in this area; I expect the same results.