Treeview does not appear when using certain cultures
|Target version:||Release 2.3.1|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.3|
First reported via the user forum: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ica-atom-users/UiRO6PTo-sA/vkqeQkH1CAAJ
I followed the official instructions and installed it in a new machine with Ubuntu 16.04. Everything works fine, but somehow if I choose "pt" (Portuguese), español, français, and some other languages the treeview does not appear. When I choose English, Nederlands and, for instance, "pt_BR" language, the treeview does appear. It doesn't matter if you choose sidebar treeview or full width treeview, because some languages will show it and some won't. I tried setting the culture to "pt", "pt_BR", "en", etc, but that didn't fixed it. It is an odd behaviour so I'm reporting it here.
Tested and reproduced in 2.3
- Add the following cultures to the user interface via Admin > Settings > i18n languages: German (de), Spanish (es), Portuguese (pt)
- Remember to re-index after adding new cultures
- Test 1: Create a record with children in the English interface, save. Flip interface to de, es, or pt.
- Test 2: Flip user interface to de, es, or pt, and create a new description with children, save.
- Treeview is not shown (regardless of full-width or sidebar setting) in specific cultures
- Treeview appears as expected, and as in other cultures.
- See also related issue for i18n use - #10173, Treeview quicksearch does not support culture fallback
- The original report listed French (fr) as one of the languages where the treeview was not appearing, but I could not reproduce in this culture (worked for me)
- I did not test every available culture in AtoM. Hopefully when we discover the cause, it will be a global fix and not something that has to be applied individually to each culture setting
#1 Updated by Dan Gillean over 5 years ago
#7 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
- Assignee changed from Jesús García Crespo to Dan Gillean
Dan, this is now in qa/2.4.x and not yet in stable/2.3.x because I made a change in the internals that may cause unexpected issues, e.g. it caused an issue in the language menu, which is now fixed. So I would recommend doing some testing before we move to stable. The chances are low but it would be irresponsible otherwise.
#10 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Code Review
- Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Jesús García Crespo
Dan, the issue I found happens after changing the culture back to English, when the sidebar tree-view appears even if the setting is set to the full width one.
#13 Updated by Dan Gillean over 5 years ago
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
- Assignee deleted (
I tried adding a bunch of languages, editing the titles of descriptions in various languages, and flipping back and forth between them and English - couldn't break it! Looks good to me. Tried with both types of treeview.