Adding a second date in the ISAD/DACS etc template removes the first date on save
|Assignee:||Kelly Stewart||% Done:|
|Category:||Information object||Estimated time:||12.00 hours|
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.2.1, 2.3, 2.4|
- Create a new description
- Give it a date of creation 2012 - 2013, save
- Re-enter edit mode
- Add a second date: Accumulation, 2014 - 2015. Save
- The first date is removed upon save
- Only one date (the second date added) appears
- User can edit a description to add a second date without losing the first date
See also: #7758
Note: initially, work should be done in a separate branch, and nothing should be submitted to qa/2.4.x until the fix is done.
#2 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Adding a second date in the ISAD template removes the first date on save to Adding a second date in the ISAD/DACS etc template removes the first date on save
updated title: also reproduced on the DACS template; not on the RAD template. It seems any template using the ISAD-style dates widget is affected.
#3 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 4 years ago
Note as well that this was first reported in the user forum, here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/ica-atom-users/1jEqFbJ9JE4/discussion
The user reports that edits to any other field will also have the same effect - I haven't yet tested this, but can confirm that trying to add a second date will definitely cause this problem.
#7 Updated by Steve Breker over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Code Review
- Assignee changed from Steve Breker to Nick Wilkinson
I was unable to replicate the original reported issue. Dan looked into it and found that he could not replicate it as described either.
A related issue that he discovered was:
- Create a description with a date, save
- Re-enter edit mode
- Add a new accumulation date AND make edits to the existing creation date. Save
- Result: changes to existing creation date are not saved - reverts to old values.
I have tracked down this issue and corrected it for all description template types. Not that for template types where dates and actors can be updated (MODS, RAD) that the same issue affected saving actors and modifications. This has also been fixed.
PR is here: