"all matching descriptions" link in global search autocomplete drop-down will display JSON
|Category:||Search / Browse|
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.3|
First reported in the user forum: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ica-atom-users/KMtNni8ZjzQ/l6E5dahfCQAJ
Tested internally and reproduced in 2.3.
- Find a common term in your AtoM data that will return more than 3 results (e.g. "correspondence")
- Type the term into the global search box
- In the autocomplete drop-down, the first 3 matching results will appear for descriptions, followed by a link to return "All matching descriptions"
- Click on the "All matching descriptions" link.
- User is returned JSON
- User is taken to a search results page limited to results matching the keyword entered
A pull request has been submitted here: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/pull/434
Comment from the developer submitting the PR:
"In AtoM 2.3, the search was changed "from search?query=Dalhousie&repos=" to "informationobject/browse?topLod=0&query=Dalhousie&repos=". The autocomplete drop down for "all matching descriptions" was not updated to match the changes. If a user selects it, they will be shown encoded json instead of a valid AtoM search page."
#4 Updated by Steve Breker almost 4 years ago
Hi Dan - I have tested the code. Merging into qa/2.4.x should be fine.
#9 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Verified to In progress
- Assignee changed from Steve Breker to José Raddaoui Marín
There is another "unrelated" bug in those links. If the multi-repository setting is turn off, clicking all matching descriptions leads you to a page without results. This is caused because the parameter "repos=all" is added to those links when no realm check-boxes are included in the search-box drop-down. See: