Script to compare CSV digital object path data (for imports) with corresponding files
|Assignee:||Mike Cantelon||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.4, 2.6|
Create script with logic that will compare CSV data to corresponding files to determine which files are unused, which are referenced in CSV data but missing, and which files are used more than once.
#7 Updated by Mike Cantelon over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Document to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Mike Cantelon to Dan Gillean
This is a CLI task to help with imports that involve digital objects. What it does is it tells you if there are issues with any of the digital object filenames specified in the CSV or if there are files in a filesystem directory that aren't included in your CSV data.
How it works is you point it to a CSV file and a directory in the filesystem and it runs through the CSV file's digitalObjectPath column values. Once it runs it reports on the following:
- Which files in the filesystem directory aren't referenced in the CSV data
- Which files are referenced in CSV data but missing on the filesystem
- Which files are referenced more than once in the CSV data
Let me know if that makes sense!
#16 Updated by Dan Gillean about 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Requires documentation deleted (
- Tested version 2.4, 2.6 added
Tested again in 2.6, and now documented in 2.6: https://github.com/artefactual/atom-docs/commit/9d2e94d5bad40cee2c610b90f58feeb3ef2e538c