Move module throws 500 error
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.4|
- Create a new child description belonging to an existing parent
- Click the move button
- Try to move the child to a new parent
500 error. From the logs:
2017/04/03 16:09:10 [error] 6509#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Parent Resource id '35627' does not exist" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.10.1, server: _, request: "GET /test-child-item-for-moving HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "10.10.10.10", referrer: "http://10.10.10.10/test-child-item-for-moving/default/move?parent=j-s-mclean-fonds"
Move operation is performed successfully.
#1 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to José Raddaoui Marín
Hi Dan, it looks like the error is thrown when the job is launched and the resource is being moved and we perform a redirect to the resource. It doesn't look like a regression, maybe it didn't happen before because the job ended quickly or something else. How about leaving the user in the same page with the alert after launching the job?
#2 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín over 3 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to QA/Review
- Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Dan Gillean
Discussed via chat with Dan, fixed in https://github.com/artefactual/atom/commit/73343d0f7b408b251d8f877d2c8b916ceb51c38e
#3 Updated by Dan Gillean over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Regression: Move module throws 500 error to Move module throws 500 error
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
- Requires documentation set to Yes
Based on Radda's feedback, I've removed "Regression" from the issue title.
Requires a simple update to the documentation for 2.4 - in the section on moving, the last point (9) of the instructions says that the user will be redirected to the moved description's view page. After this change, instead, the user will stay on the move page, and a notification bubble will let them know that the move job is initiated. The notification has a link to the Jobs page, and the jobs page job status field for that job will include link back to the moved description.
#4 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 3 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
- Requires documentation deleted (
Documentation updated in 2.4 branch in: