Repository contact area does not support culture fallback, Region filter and facet does not return results when created in a different culture
|Assignee:||Dan Gillean||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.3, 2.4|
First reported via the AtoM user forum, 2017-04-26: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ica-atom-users/K-eROcgwxYs/Qy_0iS8dBAAJ
Report was from 2.3 with a default installation culture of Indonesian - reproduced in 2.4 with default installation culture of English.To reproduce
- In a site with a default culture of EN, flip the interface to another culture (e.g. French)
- Create a new repository. Add contact information including a region
- Save, and navigate to the browse repositories page
- In the FR interface, use the Advanced search drop-down and select the region you added to the FR repository. Submit
- Try it in the EN interface as well:
No results are returned
- French repo is returned.
- Repository contact area supports translation and culture fallback
- Sidebar address details support culture fallback (see notes)
- This was first reported by a user with an Indonesian installation, creating descriptions in Indonesian.
- The user site is available here: http://jikn.sikn.go.id/index.php/repository/browse
- When I flip the interface to EN in my test and re-enter edit mode, I can see that the translation is not available above the Region field (or other fields) - instead, the Region field is blank. If I add the same Region in the English interface, then I get results in both the EN and FR interface when using the search
- I noticed that with some of the results on the user site (like this one ), the contact information does not display in the sidebar at all, whether the UI is in Indonesian or English, despite there being Indonesian content there. It would appear that the entire contact area doesn't currently support culture fallback
#2 Updated by Mike Gale almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Code Review
- Assignee changed from Mike Gale to José Raddaoui Marín
Hi Radda, can you check https://github.com/artefactual/atom/pull/583 for me? This only addresses the first issue in this ticket--I think I'll break out the other issues into separate tickets once this change is merged.
#4 Updated by Mike Gale almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
- Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Dan Gillean
Merged qa/2.4.x b4477a2e10ab58e734ef06dde123bcaaeba6834c
Note: this fix only addresses the "to reproduce" and "expected results" issue. Also note this fix does not enable cultural fallback for the regions drop down (this is out of scope before 2.4 release).
I will discuss with Dan whether or not to spin off the penultimate and final notes (in original desc) bullet points into separate tickets.