Clipboard enhancements: allow users to save and retrieve clipboard results across sessions
|Assignee:||Corinne Rogers||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.5.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.5|
Expand the persistence of current AtoM clipboard functionality for users wanting to exchange groups of records. Development objective is to implement a clipboard that can persist and be shared between multiple users across browser sessions.
User Story to focus initial development on:
- Researcher; multiple visits
- Researcher looking for information performs a search on a Friday afternoon
- Researcher saves sets of records to the clipboard (e.g. by clicking an "add to clipboard" button from a context menu on each of them, so that the saved set does not have to perfectly match the results of a query)
- Researcher wishes to return to saved records the following week
- Researcher opens clipboard tab, clicks "Save my clipboard"
- AtoM generates unique 7-number string; Researcher writes this information down
- Researcher returns on Monday; in clipboard tab, clicks "Load a saved clipboard"
- AtoM presents a data entry box; researcher enters 7-number string and selects "Load saved clipboard"
- AtoM presents saved results from Friday. The user is given the option of merging the clipboard from their current session (if it is not empty) with this saved clipboard, or just loading the saved one.
- Researcher continues working, adding new results to current clipboard