Deletions and/or edits to display labels on login, logout, and myProfile menu nodes have no effect
|Assignee:||Nick Wilkinson||% Done:|
|Category:||Menu / navigation|
|Target version:||Release 2.5.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.4, 2.5|
- Log in as an administrator
- Navigate to Admin > Menus, and find the elements under quicklinks - login, logout, and myProfile
- Try changing the Label names, and save - no effect
- Now return and try deleting these menu nodes
- Menu labels are not updated
- Login/out button elements cannot be removed or modified via the menus module
- Users should be able to modify the display labels for these elements
- A separate option to hide the login menu should be available
- If these changes are not possible then these elements should either be locked, or removed/hidden from the Menu module
#7 Updated by Dan Gillean 11 months ago
- File edit-login-button.png added
- File edit-logout-myProfile.png added
- File deleting-myProfile.png added
- Status changed from QA/Review to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to Mike Cantelon
This is 99% awesome. However, the remaining 1% can potentially be catastrophic, and I'm wondering how hard it would be to prevent it completely.
Editing the display labels for login, logout, and myProfile works perfectly.
HOWEVER: If you try deleting myProfile, it deletes EVERYTHING. Search and browse, login menu, all of the Main menu, all the page content. See the attached screenshot.
Is there a way we can just hide or disable the delete button on Admin > Menus > myProfile, to prevent this?
I don't think people are actually going to try this in most cases, so if it's very complicated, I'm prepared to accept this as is - we can always add a warning to the docs. But for good usability practices, I think it would be wise to just prevent people from potentially messing up their whole AtoM instance.
Let me know what's possible!
#9 Updated by Mike Cantelon 10 months ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Code Review
- Assignee changed from Mike Cantelon to Nick Wilkinson
This PR approaches the issue of preventing the deletion of a menu item in the quickest way. Alternatively we could add a "deleteable" column, like settings has. PR for CR: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/pull/751
I think doing it the more involved way makes more sense.
#21 Updated by Mike Cantelon 10 months ago
- Status changed from Code Review to In progress
- Assignee changed from Nick Wilkinson to Mike Cantelon
Dan and Michelle found a migration-related issue with the earlier PR that was merged so I'll add a fix for that to the PR that was about to go to code review.