CSV import will treat 2 physical storage with the same name but different types as the same container
|Target version:||Release 2.5.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
When you import physical object data in an archival description CSV import, type isn't factored in when determining whether or not the physical object already exists.
- Create a new CSV import of descriptions, with physical storage data included
- In one row, add an object with name "Foo", location "Attic" and type "Box"
- In another row, add an object with name "Foo", location "Attic" and type "Shelf"
- Import the CSV
- Navigate to the physical storage module
- Both locations are treated as one, and linked together
- The fact that these objects have different types (Box vs Shelf) is ignored
- Two separate storage locations named "Foo" are created - one with a type "Shelf" and one with type "Box"
- AtoM's CSV import code should look at all 3 physical storaage fields (name, location, type) when determining matching criteria; otherwise, treat it as a new location