Add an advanced search interface for authority records
|Category:||Actor||Estimated time:||128.00 hours|
|Target version:||Release 2.5.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
This feature will provide both public and logged in users with additional authority record search options to refine and narrow search results and increase the relevance of the search results. The feature will be modeled similarly to the advanced search panel for archival descriptions, and will include the ability to construct Boolean queries, limit search keyword results to matches in specific fields, and other filters.
Wireframes of the proposed implementation have been attached to the issue. All of the functions described in the following user stories will available in the public AtoM release to unauthenticated, public users.User stories
- As a researcher, when I first open the authority record search page I would like to see a simple search text field so I can quickly perform simple searches across all authority record search indexed fields.
- As a researcher, when I want more options for search I would like to click the “Search options” link near the basic search bar to open the advanced search form so I know what advanced options I can use to refine my search.
- As a researcher, when I am doing an advanced search I would like to target my query string to one or more specific fields, to reduce the number of search results returned and make the results more relevant to me.
- As a researcher, when I am doing an advanced search I would like to limit my search to authority records held by a specific maintaining repository, to limit the search results to records from the selected repository.
- As a researcher, when I am doing an advanced search I would like to limit my search according to whether the authority record has an attached image or not, so I can easily find all authority records that have, or do not have, an attached image.
- As a researcher, when I am doing an advanced search I would like to limit my search to authority records that have a specific entity type (e.g. person, family, corporate body) so I can limit the results to the entity type relevant to my search.
- As a researcher, when I am doing an advanced search I would like to search for all authority records that have no data in a specific field so I can find records that are missing data or should not have data in the selected field.
- Please note that two search fields (in addition to the advance search options) will be shown on the authority record search page: the general global multi-search field (within the AtoM header) and the basic authority record search field (included in current AtoM releases). Entering a search term in the global multi-search field and pressing enter will still only return results for archival descriptions.
- If a user selects search options in the advanced search form, then clicks the the search button next to the basic authority record search field, a basic search will be performed and all advanced search options ignored.
- Search by field and empty field search options are limited to the listed authority record data fields: Authorized form of name, Parallel form(s) of name, Other form(s) of name, Dates of existence, History, Legal status, Places, General context, Occupation access point, Occupation access point notes, Subject access point, Place access point, Authority record identifier, Institution identifier, Sources, and Maintenance notes.