Bug #12947

Prevent certain slugs from being created

Added by Steve Breker 5 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:VerifiedStart date:04/08/2019
Priority:MediumDue date:
Assignee:Michelle Curran% Done:

0%

Category:Routing
Target version:Release 2.5.0
Google Code Legacy ID: Tested version:
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:

Description

Prevent slugs being created with a value of 'api' or 'sword'.


Related issues

Related to Access to Memory (AtoM) - Bug #12829: Problem: levels of description API endpoint and other URL... Verified 02/18/2019

History

#2 Updated by Steve Breker 5 months ago

  • Related to Bug #12829: Problem: levels of description API endpoint and other URLs returning 404 error code added

#3 Updated by Mike Cantelon 4 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Code Review

#4 Updated by Steve Breker 4 months ago

  • Status changed from Code Review to Feedback

CR complete. Looks good!

#5 Updated by Michelle Curran 4 months ago

  • Assignee set to Steve Breker

#7 Updated by Steve Breker 4 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Steve Breker to Michelle Curran

Hi Michelle - this change is to prevent a slug from being created with these reserved names when a new description is created in AtoM using the WebUI. In this test scenario you are describing, does a description with a slug of 'sword' already exist in AtoM? It should not have been allowed to be created.

Also, do you have the fix for DIP upload in your AtoM environment (https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/12932)? This fix should be in place before testing the above behaviour.

#8 Updated by Michelle Curran 4 months ago

Hi Steve,

In my test scenario last week, I was able to create a description with a slug of 'sword' in AtoM using a hosted deployment (https://atom25.1604.qa.accesstomemory.net), but that could have been an outdated box. I just checked Alfred and it looks as though this box was last updated earlier today so I've re-tested and now, AtoM does not allow me to create a description with a slug of 'sword'. When I try to use either 'api' or 'sword', the slug automatically gets a number increment after I click 'Create' in the web UI. In Archivematica, when I check the error message for the 'Upload DIP' task, I see some unprocessed html in the stderr.

As far as this issue goes, I can say the bug fix has been verified.

#9 Updated by Michelle Curran 4 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Verified

#10 Updated by Dan Gillean 4 months ago

  • Category set to Routing

Also available in: Atom PDF