Job scheduler can't find worker after "site title" changes
|Target version:||Release 2.5.2|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.5|
- Make sure the AtoM worker is running, e.g.
sudo service atom-worker status
- Login as an administrator, go to "Admin > Settings > Site information"
- Change the "Site title" and click "Save"
- Perform any action that runs a background job, e.g. Navigate to an archival description and click "Generate a finding aid", or change the name of an archival institution linked to one or more archival descriptions
2019/07/11 17:35:04 [error] 561#561: *13 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: No Gearman worker available that can handle the job arFindingAidJob" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.10.1, server: _, request: "GET /index.php/walden-garden-club-2/informationobject/generateFindingAid HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "10.10.10.10", referrer: "http://10.10.10.10/index.php/walden-garden-club-2"
Changing the site title should not affect the job scheduler functionality.
- Restarting the atom-worker will load the new site title and restore job scheduler functionality
- If the "Site title" is translated to a second language, switching the site to that culture will cause the job scheduler to fail as well, as the site title is different (this was the originally reported failure case)
- Changing the "Site Base URL" will also prevent the job scheduler from working
#4 Updated by David Juhasz 11 months ago
The bug looks like a result of this code:
The site title is being use to create a unique site prefix for jobs, to avoid namespace collisions between jobs from multiple AtoM instances running on the same server.
#6 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín 10 months ago
- Status changed from New to Code Review
Since we're trying to improve the worker stability in 2.5.2, I have a tentative fix for this issue:
There is a long description about the problem and solution in the PR and some comments in the code changes.
#12 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín 10 months ago
- Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
- Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Dan Gillean
- Target version changed from Release 2.6.0 to Release 2.5.2
Cherry-picked to stable/2.5.x.
Sorry for stepping ahead, I thought this was already 2.5.2 material and added some notes about it in the 2.5 docs.