DC XML should include inherited creators at lower levels
|Category:||XML import / export|
|Target version:||Release 2.6.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.4, 2.5|
AtoM includes creator inheritance in the user interface, and we encourage users not to link the creator at all levels of description due to this. However, this causes issues for those using DC XML exports, and the OAI-PMH module with DC XML. Since each description is its own DC XML record, AtoM should include the inherited creator on export when generating DC XML.
Note: see also this community-reported issue: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/issues/824
- Find or create a multi-level description
- Make sure there is a creator added at the top level of description, and that it is inherited at lower levels
- Navigate to a lower-level description
- Run the DC XML export
- The creator added at the top level of description is not included in the lower-level DC XML record generated on export
- Because each level of description is its own DC XML record, AtoM should include the inherited creator name in the DC XML export.
- We should make sure this is present in the OAI-PMH responses for DC XML as well
#5 Updated by Dan Gillean over 2 years ago
- Status changed from QA/Review to Feedback
- Assignee set to Mike Cantelon
- Target version set to Release 2.6.0
This seems to be fetching the top-level creator name, rather than checking immediate ancestors to see if there is a different creator.
For example, I tested with this archival unit in the demo data, in qa/2.6.x:
Specifically this record: https://demo.accesstomemory.org/juho-heikki-kantokoski-1988-1957-brother-of-matti-kantokoski
Name of inherited creator: Chisholm, Ann Eva (nee Kantokoski/Koski)
Inherited from: Ann Eva Chisholm (sous-fonds)
- Navigate to the Juho record
- Click the DC XML export
Creator is listed as follows:
<dc:creator>Kantokoski (Koski), Koivula & Korpela Family</dc:creator>
This is the fonds-level creator.
The record should be showing the inherited name from the view page, from the sous-fonds