Regression: date range sorting is broken after ES upgrade
|Category:||Search / Browse||Estimated time:||8.00 hours|
|Target version:||Release 2.6.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.5, 2.6|
In the 2.5 release we upgraded from Elasticsearch v1.7 to ES v5.6. One side effect of this is that sorting archival description search/browse results by date range no longer works, due to changes in ES.
- Navigate to Browse > Archival descriptions
- Sort the page by start date
- Now change to end date; try changing the ascending/descending order for each option, etc.
- Results are not correctly sorted by date
- Changing from start to end date, or changing the ascending/descending ordering, has no effect
- Date range sort works, and users can change between the different sort types and orderings.
Note: we should also confirm whether date range searching via the Advanced search panel is also affected.
#10 Updated by Dan Gillean 9 months ago
- File one-hundred-simple-hierarchy.csv added
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
- Assignee deleted (
- Sponsored changed from No to Yes
Attaching a test CSV, with date ranges in about 45-50 of the item-level descriptions.
There are occasionally weird blips - it doesn't seem to like the year date 2145 for example, and sorts it a bit strange - but i suspect these are behaviors in ES that require a deeper look (also difference in how YYYY vs YYYY-MM and YYYY-MM-DD are sorted). Overall, results were as expected - considering this complete.