Authority record matching produces duplicate unttitled actor record when roundtripping EAD
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.5|
There's something going on with the cascading matching logic we use when searching for existing authority records to link to during an EAD import. It is causing a second untitled authority record to be created on import, containing the biog/admin history.
- Create a new description. Link to an existing authority record with a history
- Export the description as EAD 2002 XML
- Open the EAD file and make a minor changes to title, and extent. Do not alter the actor-related fields at all. Save
- Import the EAD XML as a new description
- On import the creator is correctly linked to the existing actor record. However, a second untitled authority record stub is also created, containing only the history.
- If the creator name in <origination> and the <bioghist> data match an existing authority record exactly during an EAD import, AtoM should link to the existing actor. No duplicate authority should be created during import.