Markdown can affect the display of digital object filenames
|Status:||In progress||Start date:||05/03/2021|
|Assignee:||Mike Cantelon||% Done:|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.6, 2.7|
First reported in the user forum, 2021-04-30: https://groups.google.com/g/ica-atom-users/c/JoVWMhZ1qVg/m/Rqkn5SVjEQAJ
Reproduced in qa/2.x on 2021-05-03 by DG. Double underscores (which can be used for bolding) affected the master DO filename display in the DO metadata area, and in the DO edit page. It did not affect the display of the derivatives, and single underscores (which can be used for italics) did not work in my test, though the forum report from 2.6 suggests this might be otherwise in earlier versions.
- Rename a digital object so it uses double underscores in the name. I've attached a sample for reference
- Log into AtoM and find a description without a digital object
- Upload the DO whose name you modified
- Master DO filename is bolded, making the filename display incorrectly, in the description view page and the digital object edit page
- See attached screenshot for an example
Note that other Markdown characters may have a similar effect, I did not test them all.
- DO filenames do not have markdown applied in AtoM