Regression - digital object metadata about remote digital objects no longer displayed
|Target version:||Release 2.7.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.7|
In issue #13388 we enhanced the digital object metadata display area, making it easier to see information about the original and its derivatives individually. However, a side effect of this work appears to be that the basic metadata previously shown for remote digital objects (e.g. media type, size, URL, etc) is no longer displayed at all.
- Find or create a new description
- In the More menu, select "Link digital object"
- Use the URL for a remote image - make sure it is publicly accessible and ends in the file extension
- No information is given on the original object, even though AtoM used to include this information
- Demo site example: https://demo.accesstomemory.org/alex-potter-fonds (log in - most fields are hidden via visible elements. I confirmed that the file size shown is the original)
- Information about the original file is still shown in the Digital object metadata area when objects are added remotely via URL
#4 Updated by Melanie Kung 23 days ago
- Assignee deleted (
Fix commit on qa/2.x: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/commit/bafcc7c9ef02fea07d8f7740e2caeeb46b97fad9