Advanced Search - incorrect default "Digital object available" behavior
|Category:||Search / Browse|
|Target version:||Release 2.7.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.6, 2.7|
Appears to be general in 2.6.4, not sure when in 2.6.x manifested.
For example, Archival Descriptions, in Advanced search, looking for a term, if leaving "Digital object available" drop down blank (the default, instead of Yes or No) and then clicking [Search]
instead of coming up with "X results, Y results with digital objects (show results with digital objects)"
one gets a result of "X results", and the [ without digital objects x ] filter. Then clicking to remove the filter, you see the above as would expect.
(vs. proper behavior of the Yes and No options, for instance if choose No to Digital object available get "X-Y results" with [ without digital objects x ])
Pointed out by Katy@RBCM Thursday July 22, 2021 (they're just testing 2.6 now), including mis-appearance of filter button on other searches (Authority Records)
but I found the behavior in other places, for example (per another support ticket example on a different problem), on www.archeion.ca advanced searched
Appears to be working fine in a couple of 2.5.4 tests.
#1 Updated by David Hume 10 months ago
- File Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_default.png added
- File Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_default_expected-result.png added
- File Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_default_unexpected-result.png added
Default Archival Description search
#2 Updated by David Hume 10 months ago
- File Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_No.png added
- File Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_No_result.png added
- File Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_Yes.png added
- File Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_Yes_result.png added
Specify Yes / No for Archival Description search, expected results
#3 Updated by David Hume 10 months ago
- File Screenshot_actor_Digital-object-available_default.png added
- File Screenshot_actor_Digital-object-available_default_expected-result.png added
- File Screenshot_actor_Digital-object-available_default_unexpected-result.png added
People and Organizations / Authority Records results
#4 Updated by Michelle Curran 10 months ago
Link to screencast depicting odd DO filter behavior: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GfpcLX8uhxZQc936XaqLaWAcNfFgQ6j0/view?usp=sharing
#5 Updated by Dan Gillean 10 months ago
- Requires documentation set to No
- Tested version 2.6, 2.7 added
So, the good news is that this does not appear to be impacting the actual results - it is just incorrectly displaying a filter tag when none should be present.
In the demo site, I searched for "ontario" and got 107 results - and some of these results include digital objects. I get the same result count if I remove the filter tag.
Looking more closely at the resulting URL:
Notice there is the onlyMedia parameter, but it has no value (neither 1 nor 0 is being passed). Removing it from the URL and reloading the page also removes the filter tag, but does not change the result count.
#10 Updated by Melanie Kung 8 months ago
- Status changed from Code Review to QA/Review
- Assignee deleted (
Fix commit on qa/2.x: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/commit/762967489ff8318bdcb2f1378414e06b9249b52b