Bug #13547

Advanced Search - incorrect default "Digital object available" behavior

Added by David Hume about 1 month ago. Updated 2 days ago.

Status:Code ReviewStart date:07/27/2021
Priority:MediumDue date:
Assignee:Melanie Kung% Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:-
Google Code Legacy ID: Tested version:2.6, 2.7
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:No

Description

Appears to be general in 2.6.4, not sure when in 2.6.x manifested.

For example, Archival Descriptions, in Advanced search, looking for a term, if leaving "Digital object available" drop down blank (the default, instead of Yes or No) and then clicking [Search]

instead of coming up with "X results, Y results with digital objects (show results with digital objects)"
one gets a result of "X results", and the [ without digital objects x ] filter. Then clicking to remove the filter, you see the above as would expect.
(vs. proper behavior of the Yes and No options, for instance if choose No to Digital object available get "X-Y results" with [ without digital objects x ])

Pointed out by Katy@RBCM Thursday July 22, 2021 (they're just testing 2.6 now), including mis-appearance of filter button on other searches (Authority Records)
but I found the behavior in other places, for example (per another support ticket example on a different problem), on www.archeion.ca advanced searched

 fire brampton 

Appears to be working fine in a couple of 2.5.4 tests.

Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_default.png - Default search (217 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 09:54 PM

Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_default_expected-result.png - Expected result (381 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 09:54 PM

Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_default_unexpected-result.png - Actual / unexpected result (377 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 09:54 PM

Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_No.png - Digital object No search (213 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 09:59 PM

Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_No_result.png - Digital object No result (336 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 09:59 PM

Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_Yes_result.png - Digital object Yes result (391 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 09:59 PM

Screenshot_desc_Digital-object-available_Yes.png - Digital object Yes search (213 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 09:59 PM

Screenshot_actor_Digital-object-available_default.png - Actor default search (196 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 10:14 PM

Screenshot_actor_Digital-object-available_default_expected-result.png - Actor expected result (271 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 10:14 PM

Screenshot_actor_Digital-object-available_default_unexpected-result.png - Actor unexpected / actual result (270 KB) David Hume, 07/27/2021 10:15 PM

History

#5 Updated by Dan Gillean about 1 month ago

  • Requires documentation set to No
  • Tested version 2.6, 2.7 added

Testing notes

So, the good news is that this does not appear to be impacting the actual results - it is just incorrectly displaying a filter tag when none should be present.

In the demo site, I searched for "ontario" and got 107 results - and some of these results include digital objects. I get the same result count if I remove the filter tag.

Looking more closely at the resulting URL:

https://demo.accesstomemory.org/informationobject/browse?page=3&view=card&sq0=ontario&sf0=&repos=&levels=&onlyMedia=&findingAidStatus=&copyrightStatus=&materialType=&topLod=1&startDate=&endDate=&rangeType=inclusive&sort=alphabetic&sortDir=asc

Notice there is the onlyMedia parameter, but it has no value (neither 1 nor 0 is being passed). Removing it from the URL and reloading the page also removes the filter tag, but does not change the result count.

#6 Updated by Dan Gillean about 1 month ago

  • Target version deleted (Release 2.7.0)

#8 Updated by Melanie Kung 8 days ago

  • Status changed from New to In progress
  • Assignee set to Melanie Kung

#9 Updated by Melanie Kung 2 days ago

  • Status changed from In progress to Code Review

Also available in: Atom PDF