Cannot import 0 as identifier or display it in the treeview
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.6|
First reported in the user forum, 2021-07-28. Reproduced in stable/2.6.x locally.
Users cannot import "0" as an identifier. Additionally, if a user manually enters "0" as an identifier via the GUI, it will not display in either treeview.
- Create a description import CSV with a parent and child. For the child, add 0 as the identifier value
- If desired, open the CSV in a text editor to confirm that the 0 is present (some spreadsheet applications make it hard to add null values like 0 to a field)
- Import the description
- Manually add another child to the parent via the GUI, and again add 0 as the identifier. Save
- Examine the results, particularly as displayed in the treeview
- For the imported description, the identifier is not imported
- For the manually created description, the identifier is not displayed in either treeview type
- 0 can be imported as a literal identifier value
- An identifier value of 0 can be displayed in the treeview
- Most spreadsheet applications make it impossible to add "00" as a value via their UI - they will automatically simplify this to "0" without customization. However, if you open up the CSV in a text editor and add "00" as an identifier, it will both import as expected, and display in the treeview.