Copyright status filter returns results that have Rights without a Copyright basis
|Category:||Search / Browse|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.6, 2.7|
Copyright status is a controlled value field in the PREMIS rights module, that should only appear when the Basis of a new Rights statement is set to Copyright. By default it has 3 values - Public domain, Under copyright, and Unknown. However, using the Copyright status in the advanced search panel for archival descriptions returns results that have rights statements with other bases, where no copyright status is set.
- Log into AtoM - use a site that has the public demo data loaded
- Navigate to Browse > Archival descriptions
- Open the Advanced search panel
- Set the Copyright status filter to "Under copyright" and click submit
- Review the returned records:
- Records that have a Rights statement, but do not have a Copyright basis or Copyright status set, are returned
- In the example link from the public demo site, of the 4 results returned, only one (Michael Snow fonds) actually has a copyright status set to "Under copyright"
- The Copyright status filter only returns results have a Rights statement with a copyright basis, and that match the selected copyright status