Fatal error in Zend_Search_Lucene - too many files open
|Google Code Legacy ID:||atom-1054||Tested version:|
1) Import the attached demo.xml EAD file
2) Click "view information objects"
3) "Delete" the top-level fonds archival description
4) Confirm the delete
- Top-level fonds and all children are deleted
- see attached "Too_many_open_files_error.htm" error report
This is probably due to the following Zend_Search_Lucene bug:
[g] Legacy categories: Search / browse
#2 Updated by David Juhasz over 12 years ago
- Subject set to Fatal error in Zend_Search_Lucene trying to delete fonds - Mac OS X only
- Priority changed from Critical to Medium
This works fine in Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron), and it sounds like the file limit is
system specific (see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/descriptors.html) and
notoriously low in Mac OS X.
See http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-28500.html for how to increase
ulimit for Mac OS X.
[g] Labels added: Priority-Medium
[g] Labels removed: Priority-Critical
#7 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 12 years ago
I am trying to import a big "migrated_data_v108.yml" file now. Its size is ~33MB.
propel:data-load have being running for a while (~30 minutes) and data/index directory contents more than
4500 files. "lsof -p PHP_PID" returns more than 20.000 opened files. Most of them are in data/index.
To handle this, as root user, I had to increase these limits as root:
sysctl -w kern.maxfiles = 225280
sysctl -w kern.maxfilesperproc = 204800
But check that your shell is not under lower limits. With bash:
ulimit -n (gets the value, 256 in my OSX system by default)
ulimit -n NEW_VALUE (<= kern.maxfiles)