User profile should include institutional (repository) affiliation
|Assignee:||Jesús García Crespo||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 1.3|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||atom-1915||Tested version:|
Google user: aabc.bc...@gmail.com
A user profile in ICA-AtoM does not include the name of the user's institution (if any). For a multi-institutional application such as MemoryBC, it is sometimes not possible to tell from the e-mail address alone with which institution a user is affiliated. Since there are no individual users who not affiliated with an institution in MemoryBC, other than the system administrators, it would be appropriate and extremely useful to include a line below the e-mail address in the profile display that indicates the user's institution. This display setting could be created programatically following the creation of the permission settings to edit, etc. a repository's records in the user's profile.
[g] Legacy categories: User management
#6 Updated by Jessica Bushey almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from QA/Review to Feedback
- File userprofile-repo.png added
1) create a new user, assign them to a group (e.g., contributor) and save.
2) edit profile and assign user to a repository, inherit permissions from user group and save.
3) no repository listed when viewing profile of user.
1) create a new user, assign them to a group (e.g., editor) and save.
2) edit profile and assign user to a repository, grant permissions one by one and save.
3) repository appears for every permission granted when viewing profile of user (see screenshot attached)
#7 Updated by Jesús García Crespo almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
Regarding to Problem #1, in 2) are you editing the user or the group profile? I can't reproduce. Not sure if related, but consider that only repositories added explicitly will appear in the affiliation list.
Problem #2 should be fixed now.
#8 Updated by Jessica Bushey almost 10 years ago
RE: David's comment about "pre-populating" the repository field according to existing user permissions. This functionality is not working, but the autocomplete suggestion provided in the Repository drop-down to the user is limited to a single repository (the one that the user has permissions for).