Bug #4291

Unable to export portuguese or brazilian portuguese fonds

Added by Anonymous about 10 years ago. Updated about 9 years ago.

Status:InvalidStart date:
Priority:MediumDue date:
Assignee:José Raddaoui Marín% Done:

0%

Category:Import/Export
Target version:Release 1.4.0
Google Code Legacy ID:atom-2343 Tested version:
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:

Description

Google user: srta.cin...@gmail.com

To reproduce this error: ========================
1) Select portuguese or brazilian portuguese language
2) Access the fond description page
3) Click on Export > EAD 2002 XML

Resulting error: ================
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
(See attached image)

Expected result: ================
XML file of the fond and it's child records

Note: ====
Changing on table "term_i18n" the registry:

name: Produção
id: 111
culture: pt

to

name: Producao
id: 111
culture: pt

The xml is generated.

[g] Legacy categories: I18N

portuguese_eac_export_error.JPG (97.7 KB) Anonymous, 12/01/2012 05:27 AM

ead_xml_export.png (145 KB) José Raddaoui Marín, 02/12/2013 03:55 PM

History

#1 Updated by Anonymous almost 10 years ago

  • Priority set to Medium
  • Target version set to Release 2.1.0

[g] Labels added: Priority-Medium, Milestone-Release-2.0, Component-I18N-G11N

#2 Updated by David Juhasz over 9 years ago

  • Category set to Import/Export
  • Assignee set to José Raddaoui Marín
  • Target version changed from Release 2.1.0 to Release 1.4.0
  • Sponsored set to No

#3 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín over 9 years ago

I have tried to replicate the error but it shows the xml correctly to me.

Maybe I have a different charset config? My xml header have encoding="utf-8".

#4 Updated by Dan Gillean over 9 years ago

Hi Radda,

I will look into this further with Jessica, but we may not be able to reproduce this issue due to another issue: #4436. Dates are no longer missing entirely (as in 4436), but the display date is still missing on export, meaning that the term "reprodução" that is causing the error in this issue is also not appearing in the XML export.

I will consult with Mike C and Jessica on Wednesday.

#5 Updated by Dan Gillean about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Invalid

I've tried several ways to reproduce this behavior, and have experimented putting accents in different places in the export file. No errors on export. This issue appears to have been fixed based on other other patches, most likely those related to roundtripping dates in EAD, and dealing with il8n culture management. Unless other users report problems with this, the ticket is closed.

Also available in: Atom PDF