Wrong search results with accented characters under Windows systems
|Assignee:||Jesús García Crespo||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 1.3|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||atom-2347||Tested version:|
Google user: srta.cin...@gmail.com
To reproduce this error:
1) Create an archival description using a word without accented character and another with accented character, for example, Title: Departamento Ferroviário
2) Search for the accented word
- Searching the accented word (ferroviário), no result is found.
- Searching for the not accented word (departamento) show results.
- Searching for the word with the accented character replaced for "strange characters" (ferroviÃ¡rio) show results.
When viewing the description page, the accented character is displayed correctly.
Note: it happens ONLY in version 1.2. (The same test was made in version 1.1, the search worked correctly - see the second screenshot)
Show results when searching for the word with accented characters (ferroviário). Show results also when searching for the word without accentuation (ferroviario) would also be desirable.
[g] Legacy categories: Search / browse, I18N
#2 Updated by Jesús García Crespo almost 10 years ago
- Status changed from New to Invalid
str.cintya, thank you for your detailed report! Screenshots are really useful. However, I can't reproduce it. Try our demo site: http://demo.ica-atom.org/ - it does work.
Have you created the database as described in the instructions?
CREATE DATABASE CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
I'm going to set the status of this issue to User-Error, but feel free to reopen if necessary.
#3 Updated by Anonymous almost 10 years ago
The database was correctly created.
I forgot to say that this issue happens ONLY ON WINDOWS installations of ICA-AtoM.
I made a virtual Ubuntu machiche and tested it, creating the database the very same way (using the same "mysql create database icaatom set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci" command), and it worked without this error.