All labels not translating when culture is changed to French
|Status:||Won't fix||Start date:||05/27/2013|
|Assignee:||Jesús García Crespo||% Done:|
|Category:||I18N||Estimated time:||4.00 hours|
|Target version:||Release 2.0.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
1) Navigate to home page and change culture to French
--> Of the "Browse by" options on the home page, only "Places" is tranlsating
--> The term "Browse by" is not translated
--> the term "Virtual Exhibits" is not translated
--> At the bottom of the page "Popular this week" is not translated
--> In the header, "contact us" is not translated
--> RELATED: what about the Icon for "Also Visit: Canadian Council on Archives"?
2) Navigate to Browse by: Archival description
--> The term "Browse by" at the top of the page is still in English
3) Return to home page and select Browse by Institution
--> Browse is still not translated
--> in context menu, "Archive type" is not translated
--> In context menu, "Last updated" is not translated
--> In main show screen, the term "Service" is used as the French translation for Institution. This is incorrect. (at the very least, it should say Service(s))
4) Return to home page and select "Newest additions"
--> All date-related options in date facet located in the context menu are in English
--> Page header still reads "Browse newest additions;" not translated
4) Navigate to an archival description
--> In the right hand context menu, "Related people/organizations" is not translated
5) Navigate to an authority record
--> Breadcrumb leading back to People and organizations is not translated
6) Navigate to browse by Subject, and select a subject (ex: Education)
--> Places/Lieux option in left-hand context menu: "All" option (ie, view all places/lieux) is not translated
#4 Updated by Jesús García Crespo almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to QA/Review
- Estimated time changed from 16.00 to 4.00
Dan, I think that most of them are fixed now.
FYI: the ArchivesCanada theme is using the browse menu items in the homepage and in the search bar dropdown. These menu items has a label that can be customized under /menu/list.
I guess that at this point anything that we want to change should go to 2.0 instead of interim-1.
#11 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from Verified to Feedback
- Priority changed from High to Medium
- Target version changed from Release 2.0 - interim 1 to Release 2.0.0
Missing terms discovered on Advanced search page:
- Search filters
- Narrow down your search results (this label should perhaps be refined in English before being translated)
- Add new criteria
I will check in with the CCA about the preferred translations for these terms and post them here soon.
#13 Updated by Tim Hutchinson almost 9 years ago
Also, after doing a simple search, the number of results (at the top of the screen) shows up in English. E.g. "106 results" at the top of the page, but "Résultats 1 à 10 sur 106" at the bottom of the page.
And this is unrelated to 2.0 functionality, but:
- the banner about the beta version also isn't translated.
- in the introductory text in French only, there is a reference to ArchivesCanada.com rather than .ca