Group deny permissions for viewing descriptions and reference images by archival institution not working
|Assignee:||José Raddaoui Marín||% Done:|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
1. create group
2. deny permissions to read archival descirptions and access reference digital objects for specific archival institutions
4. create user and add to group
5. log-in as user and search for holdings in specific archival institutions that have been denied permission to read and view
User can read all archival descriptions, user can view all reference digital objects in the holdings of ALL archival institutions
Permissions denied as per Group preferences
#2 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee changed from Jesús García Crespo to José Raddaoui Marín
Did you mean in the search, advanced search and browse pages? So, if a user doesn't have permissions to view some archival descriptions/references, they should not appear in those lists?
I think the easiest approach is that AtoM responds with a warning if you try and click on an archival institution that you do not have permission to access:
For example: The archival institution name is available on the browse page, but when the User clicks on it, they get a warning "You do not have permission to view this resource".
If the person searches for a resource in the search bar, I think that AtoM should not recommend any resources stored in an archival institution that they do not have permission to access. But if that is too hard to do, I guess we could allow AtoM to make the recommendation, but when the User selects it from the drop-down suggestions, AtoM responds with a warning "You do not have permission to view this resource."
We might want to include Dan and Jesus and David in this conversation, as I know that ACL in 2.X is going to require changes throughout the application.
#14 Updated by Mike Gale over 7 years ago
- Subject changed from Create Group and deny permissions to read archival descriptions and access reference digital object for specific archival institutions DONT WORK to Group deny permissions for viewing descriptions and reference images by archival institution not working