command line bulk export - URLs exporting incorrectly
|Assignee:||Dan Gillean||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.2.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.2|
When exporting XML via the command line (2.x), the server name is not rendered correctly - we get "symfony" instead. E.g.:
<eadid identifier="legacy ID 11881" countrycode="CA" mainagencycode="CA-SCNUSA" url="http://symfony/symfony/heart-disease-research" encodinganalog="identifier">Photograph Collection, A-10223</eadid>
<dao linktype="simple" href="http://symfony/uploads/r/university-of-saskatchewan-archives/7/4/747103/A-10223_141.jpg" role="reference" actuate="onRequest" show="embed"/>
I didn't notice this until trying to re-import descriptions with links to digital objects - the job fails with an error like "couldn't resolve symfony".
Everything works correctly via the user interface.
Current 2.x build: 7bbac63dae8d89e2e0f150fe226407f39834cf6c
#2 Updated by Dan Gillean over 8 years ago
I've been unable to reproduce this problem and am wondering if it has to do with your local configuration.
In our test environment, the URL came through fine.
Similarly, I tested on the demo site and did not have a problem - see for example: http://demo.accesstomemory.org/famous-cloak-and-suit-company-ltd;ead?sf_format=xml
As well, here is a case where the digital object was linked to an external resource (on the AC beta site):
I will ask one of our developers to take a look at the issue and see if they have suggestions for how it might be resolved, if it is in fact a configuration issue on your end.
#5 Updated by Tim Hutchinson over 8 years ago
Digging around in symfony forums etc., I see that this is apparently a known limitation of symfony tasks. In case these help:
#18 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago
- File baseURL-setting.png added
Actually, this functionality has been changed!
We have simplified this. Rather than requiring users to remember the workaround and use the "--site-url" option every time, we have instead included a place in Admin > Settings > Site information where the base URL of your site can be entered - it will be used during the export task. See the attached image to know where to add the information.
#20 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Verified to QA/Review
- Target version changed from Release 2.1.0 to Release 2.2.0
- Requires documentation set to Yes
Actually, the new siteBaseURL will go in 2.2. For now, the --site-url: flag is still included in the CLI bulk export task. See also #7437. Mike C has added some 2.2 docs to the installation instructions, but 2.2 will also require updates to the CLI task for bulk export, and instructions added for the settings page.
#22 Updated by Dan Gillean about 7 years ago
- Requires documentation deleted (