DACS Administrative Biographical history field should be removed from template
|Assignee:||Dan Gillean||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.1.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.0.0, 2.0.1|
- Create a new archival description using the DACS template
- In the Identity Elements area of the standard, add a new creator, and add data to the "Administrative/Biographical history" field
- Save the record
- Data entered into the field is not saved, and does not appear in view mode.
- When a user returns to edit mode, the field is blank.
This was a design and implementation error. Admin/Biog history data should be added to the associated creator's authority record, as in the ISAD template. Doing so will cause the history to appear in the related DACS templates as expected. Consequently, the recommendation is to remove this field from the DACS template entirely.
#1 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 8 years ago
- Priority changed from High to Critical
- Target version changed from Release 2.0.2 to Release 2.1.0
Marking critical because this is a field that DOESNT WORK (data goes nowhere) and should not be in the template at all. Would like to see this out for 2.1 release, it's very confusing for new users from US who are evaluating AtoM.
#3 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
- Tested version 2.0.0, 2.0.1 added
Great! thank you! Confirmed that the extra field is removed; confirmed that adding a creator will still cause their admin/biog history to appear in view mode, as on the other templates.