Feature #6334

Support Elasticsearch 1.0+

Added by Jesús García Crespo about 8 years ago. Updated over 7 years ago.

Status:VerifiedStart date:02/19/2014
Priority:HighDue date:
Assignee:Dan Gillean% Done:

0%

Category:Search / BrowseEstimated time:16.00 hours
Target version:Release 2.1.0
Google Code Legacy ID: Tested version:2.1
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:

Description

Initially reported by MJ in the user forum: Details:
  • sfInstall check fails (fixed in f12960dc604eec2de3685eef8b06df5f15bd7398, thanks MJ!)
  • Breaking changes

stack-trace-ES-1-3.html Magnifier (159 KB) Dan Gillean, 09/03/2014 03:11 PM

stack-trace-ES-1-3-number2.html Magnifier - error from digital object browse page sort button (116 KB) Dan Gillean, 09/03/2014 03:15 PM


Related issues

Blocked by Access to Memory (AtoM) - Bug #7229: ElasticSearch 1.3 fails to create search index for long f... Verified 09/10/2014

History

#1 Updated by Jessica Bushey about 8 years ago

#2 Updated by Jesús García Crespo about 8 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)

#3 Updated by Jesús García Crespo about 8 years ago

Ops, we edit at the same time :)

#4 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

  • Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
  • Status changed from In progress to Code Review
  • Assignee changed from Jesús García Crespo to Mike Gale

#5 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

I've also updated atom-docs.git (branch 2.1), adding ES 1.3 as a new requirement.

#6 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago

  • File stack-trace-ES-1-3.htmlMagnifier added
  • Status changed from Code Review to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Jesús García Crespo
  • Tested version 2.1 added

got an error testing locally that may be caused by this. see attached stack trace.

#7 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago

I should mention I got the last error when try to view and/or create new subject terms.

I also just got an error trying to sort by alphabetical (title) on the Digital object browse page. Stack trace attached as well - though I think it may be the same as the last.

#8 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago

This error seems to affect alphabetic sort everywhere, and reference code sort on archical descriptions. Not sure if it is due to this change, or some problem with the code in #6308

#9 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

I fixed another incompatibility with the indexing of the lat/long geo_type, that was preventing the index from being built properly with the same database that you have been using.

I was not able to reproduce the two problems that you have described even though I was using the same database. We can check today if there is something wrong with your environment.

#10 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
  • Assignee changed from Jesús García Crespo to Dan Gillean

Ok, this is merged now.
Let's talk about testing in the chatroom.

#11 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago

Please see my update on #5596 - not sure if this is affecting a merged community PR, or if I'm getting the error for a different reason. Was testing locally. In previous local testing, everything worked.

#12 Updated by Dan Gillean over 7 years ago

However, all the initial problems reported yesterday (the sort buttons, the terms, etc) seem to be working fine when testing the qa/2.1.x branch in my ES 1.3 VM.

#13 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

Remember that one of the main differences after this merge is that i18n fields in ES are now analyzed with a custom stopwords list for each language. There are 26 lists in total, including English. If a list is not provided by Elasticsearch the field won't be analyzed with stopwords, which may avoid some unexpected bugs.

  private static $analyzers = array(
    'ar' => 'std_arabic',
    'hy' => 'std_armenian',
    'ba' => 'std_basque',
    'br' => 'std_brazilian',
    'bg' => 'std_bulgarian',
    'ca' => 'std_catalan',
    'cz' => 'std_czech',
    'da' => 'std_danish',
    'nl' => 'std_dutch',
    'en' => 'std_english',
    'fi' => 'std_finnish',
    'fr' => 'std_french',
    'gl' => 'std_galician',
    'ge' => 'std_german',
    'el' => 'std_greek',
    'hi' => 'std_hindi',
    'hu' => 'std_hungarian',
    'id' => 'std_indonesian',
    'it' => 'std_italian',
    'no' => 'std_norwegian',
    'fa' => 'std_persian',
    'pt' => 'std_portuguese',
    'ro' => 'std_romanian',
    'ru' => 'std_russian',
    'es' => 'std_spanish',
    'sv' => 'std_swedish',
    'tr' => 'std_turkish'
  );

#14 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

Before we verify this we should fix #7229.

#15 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

I have also tested the installer with 1.3 and it works, also with 0.90 and it breaks as expected with its corresponding error page.

#16 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from QA/Review to Verified

Also available in: Atom PDF