Task #6524: Improve CSV import
Change "creatorDates" column header label to creationDates
|Assignee:||Mike Cantelon||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.2.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
Often people confuse this with the dates of existence of a creator. There is also another subtask proposal to add dates of existence for a creator (so we don't end up with so many empty authority records), so clarifying this field would help.
#3 Updated by Dan Gillean over 5 years ago
Another important factor to note: we are hoping, on #7905, to add some legacy logic so that users who continue to use the old column names will still have imports that succeed. In essence we will add some fallback logic to the import script that will copy values, if present, from the legacy columns to the new columns, for at least the next couple AtoM releases. If "creatorDates" is used, the import will still proceed as expected. If we ever have the opportunity to add a way to import actor dates of existence in the description CSV templates, we will use a non-reserved column name, such as "actorDates," or "actorExistenceDates," or something like this.
This is to ensure that users who have developed custom transformation or migration scripts (including Artefactual, to handle data migrations) will not have to update all existing scripts. We will still correct the problem, without creating issues for users with legacy CSV templates or custom transformation scripts.
#5 Updated by Dan Gillean over 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to Mike Cantelon
- Requires documentation set to Yes
Mike, has this been merged yet? if you can point me to a commit so I can confirm exactly what got changed (e.g. did creationDateType get added to the ISAD and RAD CSV templates too? or just to the accession one?), that would be helpful!
Documentation updates that will be required:
- New CSV templates (we already need these for 2.2... make sure dates columns are updated)
- Creator columns section in CSV documentation: https://accesstomemory.org/docs/2.1/user-manual/import-export/csv-import/#creator-related-import-columns
- Data entry templates - here is an example from ISAD, but all will need to be checked: https://accesstomemory.org/docs/2.1/user-manual/data-templates/isad-template/#date-s