Bug #6978

Make 'fixed' descendants query and removal of nested sets permanent for QubitDigitalObject

Added by Mike Gale almost 8 years ago. Updated almost 8 years ago.

Status:VerifiedStart date:07/11/2014
Priority:HighDue date:
Assignee:Dan Gillean% Done:


Category:Digital object
Target version:Release 2.1.0
Google Code Legacy ID: Tested version:2.0.1, 2.1
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:


I changed the query for the descendants property in BaseDigitalObject, as well as removed the nested set for it previously. However, these changes won't be permanent if the user rebuilds the model in symfony. We should add these changes to QubitDigitalObject instead and override the base class methods.


#1 Updated by Mike Gale almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to QA/Review
  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Dan Gillean

Hey Dan (or Sarah or whoever you pass this off to), I tested this locally but it wouldn't hurt to test it in the 2x.test.artefactual.com site (or wherever the qa/2.1.x branch is going to now, might want to check with Jesus...).

It shouldn't have really changed anything, but basically if you muck around with editing / inserting / deleting digital objects and don't have problems, I think we can call this verified.

#2 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 8 years ago

Initial testing so far looks good - adding, deleting, re-adding, replacing thumbnails and reference images, browsing digital objects, carousel behaviour etc - all tested and so far no issues found. Testing thus far just with linking a single digital object (known problems w multi-uploading in #5724). Found a regression (#6989) but it doesn't appear to be caused by this, so I've filed it as a separate issue. I suggest we keep this ticket open in QA for now as we continue testing 2x in preparation for the 2.1 release. If no further issues are encountered during release testing, we can consider this verified and close.

#3 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
  • Tested version 2.0.1, 2.1 added

Still need to fix the separate regression in #6989 - but otherwise, this has been part of our test environment for a month without issue, and was tested on a separate QA site before that. Marking verified.

Also available in: Atom PDF