Unescaped ampersand in creator name causes description export errors
|Assignee:||David Juhasz||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.2.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.1, 2.2|
- Create a new description, or find an existing one
- Modify the creator name (or any other associated actor) to include an ampersand
- Attempt to export or expose record via OAI-PMH
- EAD export results in whitescreen
- DC export and OAI query returns an XML Parsing error (not well formed), and chokes on the ampersand
Ampersands are consistently escaped throughout. The exports perform normally regardless of ampersands entered during data creation.
NOTE: We have been resolving this in a spotty way, on a case by case basis - see for example #5588, #3809, #6949, #7171, etc. It would be great if we could find a solution that would consistently escape the whole record 1x before export, instead of on a field by field basis as we encounter problems.