Generate reports in modifiable format (.rtf)
|Assignee:||Sarah Romkey||% Done:|
|Category:||Reports||Estimated time:||8.00 hours|
|Target version:||Release 2.2.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||
With #7462, the ability to generate a full PDF finding aid from the EAD export will be introduced in AtoM 2.2. This Finding aid, which will be styled for human readability and will appear similar to traditional paper-based archival finding aids, can be generated asynchronously in the background by an administrator, and then made available at the parent (e.g. fonds; collection; etc) level for public download.
This feature, which is paired with #7723 (ability to select between 2 different Finding aid stylesheets) and #7722 (reorganize the settings page), will further add a setting where administrators can determine the output format of the finding aid generated - either as a PDF, or in editable forms (RTF or TXT).
The RTF output will be formatted similarly to the PDF output. The TXT format will not be significantly styled, though it could be improved in future development.
- Status changed from New to Code Review
- Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Mike Gale
- Assignee changed from Mike Gale to José Raddaoui Marín
Looks good to me Radda, feel free to merge
- Status changed from Code Review to Deploy
- Related to Feature #7723: Modify finding aid XSLT to produce reports which include full metadata for all levels of description, including file and item-level descriptions added
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Reports
- Subject changed from Generate reports in modifiable format (.txt) to Generate reports in modifiable format (.rtf)
- Status changed from Deploy to Code Review
- Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Jesús García Crespo
'TXT' format is being removed in PR 105, leaving only 'PDF' and 'RTF' formats for Finding Aid generation
- Assignee changed from Jesús García Crespo to Mike Gale
I prefer @mikeg to review this one. Just one thing, remember to squash - there are some weird duplicated commit messages.
Sure. About the commit duplication, only the last one is duplicated and it has a more detailed commit than the previous one. I'll squash with the PR comment as the commit message.
- Status changed from Code Review to QA/Review
- Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Sarah Romkey
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
Verified- tested both full and summary style finding aids.
- Related to Feature #11048: Command-line task to automatically generate finding aids from existing descriptions based on Finding aid settings added
Also available in: Atom