Setting custom taxonomy delete permissions overrides all taxonomy delete permissions
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.1, 2.1.1, 2.2|
From the User Forum - reported by Zac @ CNSA: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ica-atom-users/SaWWeFNbK5s/_Ie-D3qqVqUJ
I'm wondering if other folks have run into problems setting per-taxonomy delete permissions in AtoM? It seems that if I attempt to grant (or deny) delete permissions for a specific taxonomy to a group or user, the system instead sets such delete permission for all terms. Is this expected behavior?
Additionally, if I add more than one specific taxonomy to a user or group's taxonomy permissions, the form name for the delete radios for both are set the same. This especially seems strange to me.
Poor quality screencast demonstrating both of the above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzqMbpBJDEA
I have tested this issue and reproduced the first behavior in stable/2.1.x. So far, I haven't been able to reproduce the second; the delete radios accidentally linking between different custom taxonomy permissions.
Brief script to reproduce (although Zac's video is way better)
- Navigate to a user, and add custom taxonomy permissions
- Add per taxonomy permission - e.g. for Places
- Set ALL taxonomy delete permissions to "Grant"
- Set Places taxonomy delete permissions to "Deny"
- All taxonomy delete permissions are set to Deny
- When multiple per-taxonomy permissions were added (e.g. Places and Subjects), one would revert to "inherit"
See attached screenshots.