Part of information in search browse results does not include culture fallback
|Assignee:||Dan Gillean||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.2.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.2|
- In an installation whose default culture is English, flip the interface to French
- Create a new description in the French interface, with children
- Include a unique search term in the child description, "foo", and save
- Flip interface back to English
- Perform a search for "foo"
In returned search results, Part of information is listed as "Untitled"
Culture fallback allows the French title to display if no English translation is available.
#9 Updated by Dan Gillean about 7 years ago
- File chelmsford-french-facet-english-interface.png added
- File chelmsford-french-facet-french-interface.png added
- Status changed from QA/Review to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to Mike Gale
Unfortunately the behavior here is sort of unexpected - and it is different when using the language filter vs flipping the interface to french.
- Add a french title to an english description. Save. Flip the interface back to English
- Go to Browse > Archival descriptions. Set the language facet to "French"
- Remove the top-level description filter and find a child record from your description with a French title
Resulting error: English title is still displayed in Browse results.
Note - I'm not sure if we want to consider this an error or not. The English language is still the default in the interface - though the results are elsewhere showing the French descriptions, so if one exists for the parent as well, there's an argument we should show it here.
- Now flip the interface to French, and look at the results
Resulting error: even when there IS a French title, and the French facet is engaged, the "Part of" information always shows "Sans titre" (e.g. no title). This is the same whether or not the french language facet is on or not.
See attached screenshots.
#10 Updated by Dan Gillean about 7 years ago
I've talked to Sarah, and we've agreed that feedback case A (French language facet, English interface language) is currently not the ideal behavior.
If we are showing French records, with french info in all the stub fields, and there IS a title in French for the parent record, then the French title should display in the "Part of." If the child record is translated, but there is no French title available for the parent, then it should fall back to the English.