CSV import with 1 creator and multiple dates causes causes errors
|Assignee:||Mike Cantelon||% Done:|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.2|
CASE 1¶To reproduce
- Use one of the existing CSV templates - I've attached a pre-filled example that is known to work in 2.1 and beyond
- Make sure that the csv has only 1 creator listed, but multiple creationDates (use the | pipe separator in the relevant columns)
- Import, then navigate to the related archival description
- Only creationDate 1 is imported; creationDate 2 is dropped
In ISAD, DC, and DACS templates, dates are not tied to creator names in the UI. It is possible to add events with no creator, and/or creators without dates. It should be possible to import multiple dates with only one creator listed.
CASE 2¶To reproduce
- Modify the attached CSV so that the same creator is listed 2 times (use the pipe separator) - now there is a creator for both dates, albeit the same one
- Import, and navigate to the description's view page
- Name of creator appears 2x in view template but only 1 time in edit template. User cannot clean up view template easily.
note: to better understand ^ this behavior, navigate to the creator's authority record, enter edit mode, and look in the relationships area. you can see that the 2 events are related to 1 creator - so it's a quirk in the view template that is causing this for display.
Expected result creator name is not duplicated in view page when a single creator is listed in the edit page.
Repeat experiment with new accession dates import (discussed on #7905). This is happening there too, as it shares code.
#3 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 7 years ago
Update: we have resolved CASE 2 for accessions CSV imports, and archival descriptions generated from them, with fixes to the UI. I have not yet tested to see if it would be resolved for an archival description CSV import but I assume so. CASE 1, the main reason for this issue, is still outstanding.