AtoM global search box fails to provide autocomplete results for i18n cultures other than English
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.1.1, 2.2|
Reproducible in the demo site, and on qa/2.2.x.
- In the English interface, type a search you know will have some autocomplete suggestions, e.g. "photo" - verify that some autocomplete suggestions appear in the dropdown
- Switch interface to French or Spanish
- Re-enter "photo" in the global search box
- No search suggestions are returned via autocomplete
- Autocomplete provides possible matches in all cultures
#1 Updated by Dan Gillean over 6 years ago
Note that this is related to an issue reported in the user forum, here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ica-atom-users/aeUnHPmQV7E/Ag1SKg68UokJ
The user also reported the following:
On my server 1 and server 2 the default culture is "pt"
I've made another test, I've changed the language to English and created a new archival description (with title TEST) so the "Source language" is English.
Now, when the Language is set to English, TEST is suggested on the search but, if I change Language to Portuguese, TEST is not suggested.
It seems that the problem is something with the "Source language". Maybe the elasticsearch is set to search and suggest according to the Language+Source Language but that is not good because we have a lot of English people trying to search Portuguese stuff. So, the user interface language shouldn’t interfere with the results.