Bug #8277

Finding aid status on sidebar no longer works

Added by Mike Gale about 7 years ago. Updated about 7 years ago.

Status:InvalidStart date:04/13/2015
Priority:HighDue date:
Assignee:Mike Gale% Done:

0%

Category:Reporting
Target version:Release 2.2.0
Google Code Legacy ID: Tested version:2.2
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:

Description

It always says "Status: unknown" in the sidebar now, instead of the actual job status (the jobs run fine in the background/complete).

Expected result: it to tell us the correct status.

This was a regression from: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/commit/535470908038cdf2e0e20be308a6e3dbb77273d2

findingaid.patch Magnifier (1017 Bytes) Mike Gale, 04/13/2015 10:01 PM

History

#1 Updated by Mike Gale about 7 years ago

  • File findingaid.patchMagnifier added
  • Status changed from New to Code Review
  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to José Raddaoui Marín

#2 Updated by Mike Gale about 7 years ago

I marked this as 'high' since this bug also makes it so we can't see the Download link once the finding aid is generated, breaking the feature. It was an easy fix though, see patch above.

#3 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín about 7 years ago

Hi Mike, I can't see how that patch will fix this problem. I think you are sending two null properties to the component, where they are populated after.

I haven't been able to fully test the status because I'm having an error in the generation, but at least the status changes from 'Unknown', to 'Generating', to 'Error'. So, I don't think we have a problem here, maybe it was a cache problem with the old partial (I moved all to an independent component/partial).

I'm taking a look at the problem in the generation, so far:

- It's happening in the test site too:

http://qa-22x.test.artefactual.com/jobs/browse

- It's a problem in the step where the EAD file is transformed with Saxon (the EAD file looks good):

https://github.com/artefactual/atom/blob/qa/2.2.x/lib/job/arGenerateFindingAidJob.class.php#L104

- It looks like an error reading the temporary EAD file:

I/O error reported by XML parser processing file:/tmp/phpaKOXNL: Connection refused

- It happens with both models

#4 Updated by Mike Gale about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Code Review to Invalid
  • Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Mike Gale

Apologies, I think there's something really weird going on with my home VM. I tried the finding aid thing again today and it's totally broken again with no errors or any indication what's going on (my worker can't even pick up jobs). It's really inconsistent and confusing. I'm just not going to touch this feature on this VM for now... gl finding what's wrong.

#5 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín about 7 years ago

I restarted my VM, ran the upgrade-sql task (I was on v.119 instead of v.122) and it works now ... And its also working in the test site. I don't really know what fixed the problem, sorry.

Also available in: Atom PDF