RAD and DACS specialized notes do not crosswalk, and switching templates with specialized notes causes errors in the edit template
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.1.1, 2.2|
- Create a new RAD description
- Add specialized notes, esp alphanumeric designations, conservation, and variations in title
- Flip the template to DACS
- DACS specialized notes that should crosswalk are not populated in the DACS view template
For example, the following should be true
- DACS alphanumeric designations note = RAD alphanumeric designations note
- DACS Conservation note = RAD Conservation note
- DACS Variant title information = RAD Variations in title
- Create a description in RAD
- Add all of the RAD special notes types - title notes and special notes
- Add data to the Control area fields as well. Save the record
- Switch the default template to DACS, and enter edit mode.
- Although the view page looks fine (except for specialized notes from RAD that could crosswalk not showing up), in the edit template, a whole bunch of data appears in the specialized notes boxes that shouldn't - compare the two attached screenshots, rad-view-template.png and dacs-edit-template.png
- Specialized notes that can crosswalk (listed above) should display in the correct fields, with the correct drop-downs set, in the DACS view and edit templates
- Notes that do not crosswalk from RAD should not appear in the edit template of DACS. This is the design pattern we have followed with all the other templates, and it should hold true here.
One of the challenges of this is that there are currently 2 different taxonomies from which the terms in the dropdowns are being drawn - so crosswalking between them is difficult.
One possibility might be to combine the taxonomies into a single one, with RAD and DACS as parent nodes, and the specialized terms belonging to each as children. Hopefully we could create a relationship between the related children if they were in the same taxonomy, and filter the drop-downs in each template appropriately. Just a thought, or one possible option.