Bug #8555

EAD export fails when certain fields have ampersands

Added by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago. Updated almost 7 years ago.

Status:VerifiedStart date:06/12/2015
Priority:HighDue date:
Assignee:Dan Gillean% Done:

0%

Category:EAD
Target version:Release 2.2.0
Google Code Legacy ID: Tested version:2.2, 2.3
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:

Description

To reproduce: Create a record with a title note in it containing an ampersand. EAD export will fail.

0001-Add-escaping-to-various-EAD-fields-8555.patch Magnifier (13.2 KB) Mike Gale, 06/12/2015 04:00 PM

escaping-test-fonds;ead.xml Magnifier (9.3 KB) Dan Gillean, 06/15/2015 06:30 PM

History

#1 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • File 0001-Escape-odd-notes-properly-refs-8555.patch added
  • Status changed from New to Code Review
  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to José Raddaoui Marín

#2 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Code Review to QA/Review
  • Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Dan Gillean

merged qa/2.2.x (382a56f4dff5eab0e2f7145e614ed6f8333075e4)

#4 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • Subject changed from EAD export fails when certain <odd> notes have ampersands to EAD export fails when certain fields have ampersands

#5 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • File 0001-Add-escaping-to-various-EAD-fields-8555.patch added
  • Status changed from QA/Review to Code Review
  • Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to José Raddaoui Marín

I went through the EAD templates and found several more potential escaping issues.

#6 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • File deleted (0001-Add-escaping-to-various-EAD-fields-8555.patch)

#7 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • File 0001-Add-escaping-to-various-EAD-fields-8555.patch added

#8 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • File deleted (0001-Add-escaping-to-various-EAD-fields-8555.patch)

#9 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

okay hopefully this is the last patch, I switched $note->content to use getContent(...) because we always use it that way throughout AtoM (and I couldn't find any instances of just using ->content when I was grepping around)

#10 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Mike Cantelon

#11 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • File deleted (0001-Escape-odd-notes-properly-refs-8555.patch)

#12 Updated by Mike Cantelon almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Code Review to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Mike Cantelon to Mike Gale

Looks good to me!

#13 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Dan Gillean

I feel at this point we should run a couple of tests before 2.2 release: basically fill in every single field for archival descriptions with the same string, something that has all the nasty characters in it like quotes, arrows, ampersands, semi-colons, etc. and try exporting the EAD for it. And for all the different standards. That way we can see if we missed any escaping etc.

#14 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from QA/Review to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to Mike Gale

This was merged into qa/2.2.x (099b3304b8a185bdc85488291a02720581a325fb)

#15 Updated by Mike Gale almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Dan Gillean

#16 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 7 years ago

I did this with the RAD template, which has the most unique fields. So far so good. Going to switch templates and try roundtripping with some other standards now, but I'm optimistic after the RAD success. Test export attached.

#17 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 7 years ago

  • Status changed from QA/Review to Verified

Worked on roundtrip with ISAD and RAD. Going to call this good enough for now - will open specific tickets if I find other issues.

Also available in: Atom PDF