Add relation rows to associate actors with repositories
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
This work will add a 1:M relationship between a repository and an authority record (e.g. actor), to indicate the agency responsible for the creation and/or maintenance of the authority record, and improve certain queries and operations (such as actor matching on imports).
On the back end, we'll accomplish this by adding rows in the relation table. In the user interface, this will incorporate a couple of visible changes:
- On the actor view and edit pages, the Relationships area will have a new field, where users can add a relationship to a repository via an autocomplete field. Only 1 relationship will be possible - this is meant to indicate the maintaining or creating agency/repository, not all repositories using the authority record via links in their descriptions
- On the repository view page, we'll include a paginated list of related actors, similar to how the list of actor relationships have been updated in #10048
- If there is time, we'll also add a facet to the Authority record browse page
#19 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 4 years ago
- File subordinate.png added
- Status changed from QA/Review to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to José Raddaoui Marín
When adding a repository as the maintainer, upon save it would also display in the relationships area as a hierarchical relationship with a type: [repository] is the subordinate of [actor]." See attached screenshot.
When I tried to edit the record and remove the relationship I got the following error:
[error] 2824#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function delete() on a non-object in /usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/sfIsaarPlugin/modules/sfIsaarPlugin/actions/relatedAuthorityRecordComponent.class.php on line 129" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.10.1, server: _, request: "POST /potter-alexander-oberlander/edit HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "10.10.10.10", referrer: "http://10.10.10.10/potter-alexander-oberlander/edit"
No relationship should be visible in the UI Relationships area.
#24 Updated by Dan Gillean about 3 years ago
- Requires documentation deleted (
Initial documentation added in 2.4 docs in https://github.com/artefactual/atom-docs/commit/b4b040fc4d7d400a614467f9fc2bdb5bb465e526