XML-FO generated by AtoM only works with Apache FOP 1.0
|Assignee:||Jesús García Crespo||% Done:|
|Target version:||Release 2.3.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
I just noticed Apache FOP 2.0 was out. We're currently instructing users to use FOP 1.0 because 1.1 had a bug that was crashing our AtoM worker when generating PDFs in certain cases. However, I tried a sample file that crashed way back in the day and it seems to work fine in 2.0.
#1 Updated by Jesús García Crespo over 6 years ago
- Tracker changed from Task to Bug
- Subject changed from Test out FOP 2.0 and update documentation if OK to XML-FO generated by AtoM only works with Apache FOP 1.0
- Category set to Import/Export
- Target version set to Release 2.3.0
I've confirmed that the problem persists in Apache FOP 2.1.
Possible workaround, replace the empty <fo:table-body/> element with:
<fo:table-body> <fo:table-row> <fo:table-cell> <fo:block>...</fo:block> </fo:table-cell> </fo:table-row> </fo:table-body>
Can we make these changes in our XSL files? See https://github.com/artefactual/atom/tree/HEAD/lib/task/pdf.
#7 Updated by Mike Gale about 6 years ago
- Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Jesús García Crespo
I think it's fine, but I suspect there are other issues that will come up from upgrading to 2.1. I've seen a couple that only occur when very specific EAD is fed to it.
I guess we can address those issues when we encounter them.
#9 Updated by Dan Gillean about 6 years ago
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
- Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to Jesús García Crespo
I've now upgraded 2 different VMs from 1.0 to 2.1 and been successful in generating finding aids. Jesus, I know you've updated the installation docs already - is there still work to do with the Ansible roles?