Problem linking an archival description to an authority record
|Assignee:||Sara Allain||% Done:|
|Category:||Data model / ORM|
|Target version:||Release 2.2.1|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:||2.2, 2.3|
New related resources (events) created from the Authority Record edit page are not saved.
#4 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 5 years ago
My guess from Radda's description above, is that this happens when the autocomplete field in the Related resources area is used to create a new description, instead of link to an existing one. Throughout AtoM, many of the autocomplete fields can be used in 2 ways - either to link to an existing entity, or if no match is found, create a new one based on the data entered into the field by the user.Testing this should look something like:
- Navigate to browse authority record page, and select an existing authority record
- Enter edit mode, and navigate to relationships area. Add a new related resource
- Using the autocomplete, enter the title of a new fonds instead of linking to an existing one.
- Save in the modal, and save the authority record.
- Verify that the new description was created, and that the link exists between the description and the authority record, and is visible on the view / edit pages of both resources