Include a setting to disable the accession mask
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
In #9897 we will be making the accession number a user-editable field, but by default, the accession mask will still be in effect. This means that when the accessions mask is engaged, the accession number field on a new accession record will be pre-populated with the next unique value based on the mask settings - but users can alter the pre-populated value if desired.
This feature will add a setting for an administrator to disable the accessions mask in Admin > settings.
- When engaged, the accession mask merely pre-populates the accession number field. Users can edit the value if desired
- When disabled, the accession mask and counter will be disabled and the accession number field will be empty by default in new accession records
Feature #9917 will add basic validation to ensure that unique values are used even when the accessions mask is disabled.
#6 Updated by Jesús García Crespo almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to QA/Review
- Assignee changed from Mike Cantelon to Dan Gillean
#7 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 6 years ago
- File accession-setting-label.png added
- Status changed from QA/Review to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to Mike Cantelon
Minor point of feedback....
Every other setting on this page has a user-friendly label, but this one uses_underscores_in_the_label. Any chance we can change that? See attached image.
#15 Updated by Dan Gillean almost 5 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
- Requires documentation deleted (
Documentation added to 2.4 branch in: https://github.com/artefactual/atom-docs/commit/659becb46a3d654d6a9d0a83b71927025f189396