Bug #9970

job.status_id should be a foreign key

Added by Jesús García Crespo about 4 years ago. Updated almost 3 years ago.

Status:VerifiedStart date:06/08/2016
Priority:MediumDue date:
Assignee:Nick Wilkinson% Done:

0%

Category:Internals
Target version:Release 2.4.0
Google Code Legacy ID: Tested version:2.3
Sponsored:No Requires documentation:

Description

When the job table was added (see config/schema.yml) we didn't make status_id a controlled vocabulary using QubitTaxonomy. Probably a good idea to fix this even if it's not strictly necessary right now.

I think that these are the changes that need to happen off the top of my head:

  1. Update config/schema.yml (job.status_id)
    - status_id: { type: integer, required: true }
    + status_id: { type: integer, foreignTable: term, foreignReference: id, onDelete: setnull }
    
  2. Run propel:build-model task
  3. Run propel:build-sql task
  4. Create taxonomy (protected!) and terms (static IDs for terms already defined in QubitTerm.php)
    • Update fixtures
    • Create migration

Please double check the action items above and update if necessary, I likely missed something!

History

#1 Updated by Mike Cantelon over 3 years ago

  • Assignee set to Mike Cantelon

#2 Updated by Mike Cantelon over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Code Review
  • Assignee changed from Mike Cantelon to Nick Wilkinson

#3 Updated by Nick Wilkinson about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Nick Wilkinson to Mike Gale

#4 Updated by Mike Gale about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Code Review to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Mike Cantelon

Hi Mike, Jesús and Steve I think already reviewed this PR--it looks like you may have addressed their concerns already? Just passing the ticket back to you.

#5 Updated by Mike Cantelon about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to QA/Review
  • Assignee changed from Mike Cantelon to Nick Wilkinson

This is merged. I guess QA could involve running the migration and making sure jobs still work.

#6 Updated by Nick Wilkinson about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Nick Wilkinson to Dan Gillean

Hi Dan, passing to you for thoughts / QA / Verification.

#7 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from QA/Review to Code Review
  • Assignee changed from Dan Gillean to Mike Cantelon

I've found a few issues about this and created PR 559 to address them.

#8 Updated by Steve Breker about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Mike Cantelon to José Raddaoui Marín

Code Review - One small change to make the taxonomy names match between the migration vs the taxonomyTerms.yml file. Other than that, looks good

#9 Updated by José Raddaoui Marín about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Code Review to QA/Review
  • Assignee changed from José Raddaoui Marín to Dan Gillean

Merged

#10 Updated by Dan Gillean about 3 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (Dan Gillean)

#11 Updated by Nick Wilkinson almost 3 years ago

  • Assignee set to Mike Gale

Hi Mike, further to the email I sent out, assigning this to you.

#12 Updated by Nick Wilkinson almost 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Mike Gale to Steve Breker

Hi Steve, reassigning testing of this issue to you to balance out workloads.

#13 Updated by Steve Breker almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
  • Assignee changed from Steve Breker to Nick Wilkinson

QA complete. Tested current install update and tested fresh install. Correct terms are added. Jobs run as expected, job management screen displays the appropriate values.

There is no change from a documentation or user perspective so no updates to docs required.

Also available in: Atom PDF