Enhance import matching behaviors: use cascading logic to improve matching during imports
|Assignee:||Dan Gillean||% Done:|
|Category:||Import/Export||Estimated time:||16.00 hours|
|Target version:||Release 2.4.0|
|Google Code Legacy ID:||Tested version:|
This issue will build upon some of the CSV and XML import matching behaviors previously sponsored for inclusion in 2.4.
When seeking to check for existing matches (for updating, etc) during import, AtoM will perform the following checks:
- Try to match first on legacyID (CSV)
- Also check for a match on keymap.source_name
- If no match found, check: identifier, title, and repo name match
- Else, consider unmatched (skip or create new, depending on other settings)
Matching on legacyId relies on 'sourceName' as the key to find the correct keymap record containing the legacyId in question. 'sourceName' can come from 2 places:
1) by default it is set from the filename of the import file
2) sourcename can be set on the CLI using the '--source-name=...' option
There is no option in the user interface to provide a custom sourcename. However, as per the work done in #10193, users can enter edit mode to see the source-name that was used during the import in the admin area.
- Attempt to match first based on identifier, title, and repo name
- If no match is found, try to find a keymap record using:
- EAD url field from the XML file
- uploaded import filename
Note this keymap matching logic only applies to Information Object loading.
#11 Updated by Dan Gillean about 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Kelly Stewart to Dan Gillean
Documentation for the CSV import added as a part of https://github.com/artefactual/atom-docs/commit/94ad54befffd1d803bd78793a99ced61474fa764
Still need to test and document the XML import portion of this work.
#12 Updated by Dan Gillean about 3 years ago
- Status changed from QA/Review to Verified
- Requires documentation deleted (
Documentation has been added to 2.4 branch.